Monday, May 16, 2016

REALLY

What if I actually wanted to write a real blog, and keep it going and add things to it every day?  I've often thought about doing this, but what if no one read it?  Worse, what if I bared my soul and put down things that I really feel, and everyone read it?  I know I have lots to say; God knows I'm always thinking stuff, and some of it comes out of my mouth at the most inopportune time, and I end up with my food in my mouth, up to my knee.

So, I googled "best blog sites" and came up with a short list. After getting excited, I looked further, and found out that the blog pages that are most recommended require having a website with a dedicated web address.  Well, I've always wanted to have a website too...I need a website for my photography, so the research continued.  At $3.49/month it seemed reasonable, and I began the setup process.  Of course the $3.49/month turned into an up front payment of $181 with real monthly payments closer to $20/month.  Still not bad, but, now I had to ask myself if I really needed a website in order to have a blog.  And, did I really want a blog page?  Would I really keep it up?  Would I really write every day with the hopes that someone would (or wouldn't) read my posts.  And, do I really have that much to say?  And  do I really want people to know what I'm really thinking?  And should I really be telling people what I really think, or should I mind my own business and let them live their lives in blissful ignorance?

Now, my brain hurts, and I have to think about what is real and what isn't.   To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment